Looking for some easy trails to visit that are within the Dallas Texas area? Cedar Ridge Preserve is a great place to go! I visited this place way back in January and I can’t wait to head back out this spring!
This park has nine miles of trails total, so you can spend a good amount of time there. There is a map at the beginning so that you can choose the trail that best suits you and your company.
This is a great place to visit to enjoy some great birding, bring binoculars if you have them.
Beginner to Intermediate 😉
Families, hikers, nature lovers, joggers
Free, but they do ask for a $3 donation to help maintain the park and trails. The donation box is located by the education center.
What else to know:
- Limited number of picnic tables
- I personally did not visit the bathrooms (sorry, I didn’t need to go), so I’m not sure what condition they are in.
- Bring water
- Wear closed toed shoes, yes there COULD be a snake on the trail.
- If you can, go when you have plenty of time to explore several trails.
- There is an education center on site, check their website for details, link below.
- No bikes
- I did see people with dogs, just bring a baggie to pick up their, ya know…
6:30 am – 6:00 pm • Closed Mondays
If you are bringing young children bring some fun things for them to explore with, such as
- a nature journal- they can describe or draw what they see and then later you can “id” it.
- magnifying glass
Here’s some more pictures of this AWESOME NATURE PRESERVE!
and here is their official website. Cedar Ridge Preserve